September 21, 2008

Friends


You know, one of the things that I have always prided myself on is the fact that I have all kinds of different friends. Its one of the coolest things in life to be able to connect with people no matter how different yall may be.

Yes, I consider myself to be a bit of a chameleon when it comes to hanging out, but I think that has to do with having interesting friends Ash and me tend to chill with. We have Redneck friends that like to hunt, liberal friends that love Obama, gay friends that are funny as hell, even friends that wish to live in New York City. It doesn't matter the race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, style, education, or shoe size, if we like you are are immediately considered family.

Let me drop some knowledge on yall, God loves ALL people and he can show you another facet of his glory through each one. When we were blessed enough to travel this summer I found out that I hold more prejudices and judgements than I thought I did.

We get so wrapped up in our own lives and the people in our circle that we forget we are apart of something so much bigger! Liberal friends don't get excited I don't want to socialize America, I am just saying that I hope that I can step outside of my own selfish thoughts long enough to enjoy the beauty of the world that God has blessed us with.

2 comments:

Welch Party of 4! said...

Look who joined the "blog world"!! I am so excited!! ha..ha.

Larissa said...

Russ! I just love you. You and Ashley are two of the most open-minded and fun-loving people I have ever been around in my entire life...and I appreciate that more than ya'll will ever know. I am so blessed to have the two of you in my life...and I can't wait to get back to Lubbock so we can make more memories! Love you,

Twig