September 16, 2009

Sunflower


Sunflower

I see you peeking at me from in between the rows of sunflowers, but you pretend as if you don’t see me. I’m calling out your pet names in an attempt to hear that childlike giggle you have when you can feel my love in a tangible, unspeakable sense.

“You’re never gonna catch me!!!” You scream as you dash behind me.

“Rrraaaaaaaaa!” I yell back as I chase after you. Then your wild look back at me catches stuns me to the point that I to literally trip and fall.

I pick myself up to your laughing heart, laughing eyes, and laughing soul. My pride is wounded and I sulk just enough so that you lean in and say,

“Oooohhhhh poor baby,” in your soothing, slightly seductive tones.

My head fills with scenes of your looks and smiles and how I still haven’t even seen the true essence of your beauty, but I am excited by the thought that I have a lifetime to find it.

Bright light, darkness with hints of red, blue, and green, again bright light, fuzzy soft shapes and tones like my favorite childhood blanket, and suddenly, your familiar caress across my cheek, slowly I awaken. I am still drunk from the vivid stream thoughts and images connected with my dream when the sun bursts through the blinds just right and creates a glow around your messy, fiery hair and illuminates you to the point I think I am still dreaming. Then I realize that’s what this life with you is, a dream, and I still chasing you my sunflower.

1 comment:

Ashley Brooke said...

Do you even know how much I love you? Those sweet precious words were JUST what I needed yesterday AND today as I read them again. Thank you for loving me in the beautiful way that you do....