September 22, 2009

Who Are We?

I just finished watching The Kingdom and I have to admit that it had a profound affect on me. It got me thinking about the world we live in today and made me ask the question; Who are we?

All over the globe, are we not simply brothers, sisters, mothers, daughters, sons, fathers, and friends? Are we really so different from those we don't fully understand? Why should I hate a man in Iran who is Muslim? He is a father just like my father. He wants to see his children live to their full potential just like mine. He wants them to be safe and laugh and sing and fall in love.

Why should I hate someone in my own country simply because they choose to be with someone that is the same sex? Are they not simply in love just like I am in love with my wife? Why should I deny them the same happiness I would hope and pray that my best friend might find?

It makes my heart heavy, and my eyes swell with tears that we have become such a miopic world, where we cannot simply love no matter creed, color, religion, sex, or belief. I wish, hope, and pray for a better world than the one I live in now. I pray for my unborn children and for those already on this earth. I am not perfect and contribute to the problem more than I help, but I PRAY WITH ALL MY BEING IN THE IMMACULATE NAME OF JESUS THAT WE WAKE UP AND ASK; WHO ARE WE THAT WE CANNOT LOVE AS HE COMMANDED?!?!

As for me, I will try. I. Will. Succeed.

No comments: